Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I Put It In a Spreadsheet

I ran on a treadmill this morning.  Ideally, I was supposed to run outside, but what I really wanted to do was have an easy workout on the elliptical, so the compromise was running on the treadmill.  Turned out to be great and I really enjoyed myself.  I did a variation on the 3, 2, 1 combination; it's a little too complex to explain easily in words, so I made a spreadsheet:

Walk, 2 minutes, 4.2 - 4.3 mph, then...

Run [mph]
30 sec 20 sec 10 sec
6.0 6.3 6.6
6.1 6.4 6.7
6.2 6.5 6.8
6.3 6.6 6.9
6.4 6.7 7.0
6.5 6.8 7.1

And repeat.  I did 5 blocks, for a total of 40 minutes, then walked for 4 minutes to cool down.  Ran 4 miles in 40:40.  That's a lot of fours.  (I like the number four.)  During the last block of running, I started at the top speed and worked my way down.

You want to see a number that is not a four?  150.  That's how much I weigh, and I'm amused by the fact that it keeps showing up on the scale as exactly 150.0 pounds, whether analog or digital.

No word about when folklorico dance classes will start up again.  My interests are wandering to additional, never-before-attempted forms of physical activity.  Battling for top billing are horseback riding and pole dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment