Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Don't Be That Guy

Me: "How'd you like to get together for a drink/come over for dinner at my house/take advantage of an opportunity to make out?"

Guy: "Sure, sounds great."

Me: "Friday/next Thursday/pick a date?"

Guy: "Let me check my schedule and get back to you."

. . .

Me, in my brain, 'cause he never got back to me: "Dumbass."


Men, please don't be that guy.  When a woman likes you and asks to spend time with you, there are two options.  Decline gracefully, or make the date.  Girlfriends, same goes for you, too.  I have enough to worry about in my life without stressing over whether you only chose me as a placeholder friend until you could find someone cooler to spend time with.

See?  We'll both get to hold hands and wear fabulous headgear.  Cocktails are in the next room!

No comments:

Post a Comment