Thursday, June 19, 2014

Fast Run = Fast Post

Okay, so it wasn't really that fast.  However, this morning, as I headed into the gym, I made it my goal to run for 40 minutes on the treadmill.  This goal was accomplished: 2.5 minutes warm-up at 4.0 mph, 40 minutes of running at 6.2 to 6.4 mph and at 0.5% incline, then about 3.5 minutes cool-down at 4.0 mph.  Total distance = 4.6 miles.

While 6.3 mph is not terribly fast in and of itself, it is fast compared to my previous general training speed of 6.0 mph.  Plus, the difference between a 9.5-minute mile and a 10-minute mile really adds up when you're going the distance.  And I do like to improve little by little.  A little bit more distance, a little bit more speed.  Enough to keep the challenge there without making it unattainable.

So, high fives all 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment