Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Italian Flair Potato Salad

I played the "whatchagot" game in putting together tonight's supper. It turned out to be delicious! Of course, how could it not be, considering the ingredients. :)

Potato Salad with an Italian Flair
3 red potatoes, scrubbed
3 zucchini, sliced (I used green and yellow)
about 1/3 C julienne sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
1/4 diced red bell pepper
3 oz feta cheese, crumbled

Boil the potatoes until tender. Let cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Roast the zucchini until tender and browned, or if it's unbearably hot out, just saute them. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and season to taste (salt, pepper, garlic spice blend, etc.) Serves 3 as mini-meals or 2 as main course.

I'm interested to see how well the flavors blend overnight in the fridge.

I've noticed something interesting over the past couple of days: I'm filled with a great deal of positivity as I eat my morning salad. (Baby greens w/ a half cup of beans dressed with oil & vinegar or salsa, depending on the beans.) Just munching on the tasty tupperware of nutrition makes me feel good. Apparently, it's a comfort food, and a plenty healthy one at that.

I can definitely use all the comfort and nutrition I can get, as northern faire is kicking my butt! This past weekend my sleep was very interrupted (Who know that crickets could be so loud?) so Friday through Sunday nights I think I got about 5-6 hours of actual sleep per night, which is so not good for me. However, I was very geared up for my run on Sunday morning, and did my 9 laps around the faire site. I'm adding one lap per weekend, so that final Sunday will be 12, over highly variable terrain, which I think will be adequate training for the 10K I'm running on Oct 30th. I postponed today's run to tomorrow, as the heat wave will have finished breaking by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment