Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sorry, roommate--I used all the ice

Nothing out of the ordinary to report today. Oh, wait: I ran on a Wednesday. That's different. Packed in 4 miles: 2.33 at the park and 1.72 doing an out and back to the main street. Thankfully it wasn't too hot, as a well-meaning woman decided to dump out my water and throw the plastic bottle away while cleaning up the park after the children's soccer practice. I saw her pick it up and pour the water out before I was close enough to shout, "Oi! That's mine!" Oh, well.

I also mixed it up a bit during stretches, by doing push-ups in between stretching my major muscle groups. From my knees, I did three sets: 8, 7, and 6, with a minute's rest in between.

Silly me--I was so focused on icing my ankles after the run that I forgot to listen to my victory song. So I've got "Fanfare for the Common Man" playing in the background right now.

I felt just fine after today's 4 miles, so I think I will be in good shape for my 10K, what with four more weeks to keep training and all.

Tonight's dinner was yesterday's leftover potato salad, plus a serving of garbanzo beans for good luck! Nah, they were for extra protein. Add to that a few nuts for dessert and I'm sitting pretty on my protein for the day, what with having 1/2 C of yogurt, 1 C of garbanzos, 1/2 C of edamame, plus about 3/4 C of millet. Add this to other various minimal sources of protein in today's variety-filled eating--it all adds up!

1 comment: