Monday, May 2, 2011

Totally full!

Just finished lunch, and I feel so full. In fact, the fullness seems out of proportion to what I actually consumed. Here's the list:

Roasted sweet potatoes and leeks, about 1/3 C of the former and 1/4 C of the latter
Peas and carrots (like Mom used to make), about 1/3 C
Inner romaine lettuce leaves, about 5 small
1 hardboiled egg
1 hunk sourdough rye bread, about 2 x 2 x 3 inches
1 navel orange

Good mix of protein, fruits, veggies, and carbohydrates. And apparently very filling!

My schedule did not allow me to go to the farmers' market on Saturday, so I don't have an awesome haul to report. I've got a lot of onions and potatoes in my kitchen right now. The potatoes have already been roasted in the oven, to save time later. There's still some greens and a red cabbage in my fridge, plus a few carrots and celery stalks left. What's seriously low right now is fruit. My entire fruit supply is in the cupboard, dried: raisins, dates, and cherries. I'll see how this state of affairs works over the next few days, 'cause I think I'll be able to make it through to Saturday without the need for grocery shopping.

What I did do this weekend was visit the Legion of Honor art museum in San Francisco. Not only is the Isabelle de Borchgrave "Pulp Fashion" exhibit there (for another month, in case you still want to visit!), but a gorgeous Roman mosaic from Israel is set up in one of the back galleries. Plus there's the ongoing collection of art, sculpture, furniture, and architecture from many different countries and periods. Visiting the museum involved a lovely walk through Lincoln Park, on a trail along the coast, so I was able to enjoy a beautiful day in many different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment