Friday, May 2, 2014

High Five!

What d'ya do this morning, Melissa?  Ohhh...just lifted NINETY pounds and went for a walk!



In case it's not obvious, I'm a little happy about upping my farmer's walk weights from two 35 lb plates to two 45 lb ones.  On the drive in to the gym, I completely changed my planned lifting routine from Spartacus to basics.

Ball crunches: 30, 24
Dead lift (bar +): 50 lbs, 8; 55 lbs, 8
Alternating dumbbell bench press (50 lbs): 8, 8
Bent-over row (bar + 30 lbs): 8, 8
Dumbbell military press: 40 lbs, 10; 50 lbs, 6
Chin-up (45 lb assist): 8, 8
Farmer's walk: 90 lbs, 2 sets from the weight room to the front door and back
Finished up with 10 minutes of stretching, mostly low back/glutes and shoulder girdle.  Then, for my post-workout recovery breakfast, I had three types of protein from two different animals: chicken sausage, a hard-boiled egg, and milk in my tea.  Plus vegetables Maddalena and a slice of bread.  (Vegetables Maddalena is my catch-all recipe for cooked veggies in marinara sauce.  Today's selection, left over from dinner last night, was broccoli, red bell pepper, and rainbow chard stems.)

Fat Flash Mob is happening in San Francisco tomorrow!  I definitely need to brush up on my dance moves tonight, and tomorrow before I head out.  I told a friend that I was doing a fat flash mob, and he gave me the answer I was expecting.  "But...you're not fat."  Yeah, but just because my shape is socially acceptable doesn't mean I can't join in activism for other people who aren't of a "socially acceptable" body shape.  I'm doubly excited that I get to a) be in a flash mob and, moreover, b) be in a flash mob all about expressing body positivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment