Thursday, May 8, 2014

Woolton Pie + You Are Not One Body Part

Yesterday was one busy day, thus the lack of blogging.  I'll make up for it now, I promise!


Just hanging out with the penguins at the Academy of Sciences.

My workout Weds morning was the New Spartacus workout, written about earlier.  Just to make things confusing, 3B was replaced by 1C, and 1C became lunges with 40 lbs of weights.  Oh, and instead of doing a dumbbell dead lift, I used the 50 lb kettlebell, since some guy working out on the stair climber decided to nick one of the 25 lb dumbbells.  There's a little weight room etiquette for you: don't monopolize any of the weights or equipment!  Use what you need for your set, and always allow others to work in.

This morning's 3, 2, 1 running workout was performed at speeds of 6.2, 6.5, and 6.8 mpg for the intervals, and walking at 4.2 mph.  Once again, running + dead lifts yesterday = some sore glutes and hamstrings.  I've just eaten an excellent recovery breakfast, though, so I expect my body to bounce back.

Last night's cooking experiment of Woolton Pie turned out seriously delicious!  Here's one general recipe and here is another.  I made mine as follows: Make a pastry out of 2 T butter and 1/2 C whole wheat flour plus a dash of salt, using just enough water to bring it together.  Keep in the fridge until ready to roll out.  Place 1 1/2 C diced potato, 1 1/2 C diced cauliflower, 1 C diced carrot, and 1 C frozen green beans in a large saucepan with a little water (about 1/2 C) and steam until just fork-tender.  Transfer all the cooked veggies to an appropriate casserole dish and reserve the hot cooking liquid.  Sprinkle about 1/2 T fresh thyme over the vegetables, and some freshly ground pepper to taste.  To the hot liquid, add about 1 T flour, mixing thoroughly to remove any lumps, and about 1 T of homemade vegetable bouillon.  Pour the gravy over the vegetables.  Roll out the pastry and fit it over the vegetables.  Cut some slits for steam to escape.  Bake at ~350°F until the crust is browned and the veggies are bubbly.  Let it cool just so it's not volcanically hot and serve it forth.  Serves 4 as a side.

So, I'm single, and doing a little bit of dating here and there.  I use OKCupid as my online dating site, but I may expand out into other venues just because the signal-to-noise ratio has not been very good of late.  Plus I'm doing a bit of a social experiment, in that I just changed my profile to adequately reflect how awesome I think I am, utilizing Maya Angelou's poem Phenomenal Woman, which may serve to exponentially increase the number of men I intimidate.

The other day, OKC used their mystical matching algorithm to declare that one fellow was a particularly excellent match for me.  One fellow with the screen name, "BigBlack10Thick".  Now, he could be particularly proud that he's large, and black, and a perfect 10, and thick-headed.  However, considering that his profile picture was shot of his muscular torso from crotch to chin, with no facial features whatsoever, I'm assuming that he was basing his identity around his penis.

Dear men in the dating world: I am looking for more than a penis.  If I want a big, black, 10-inch cock, I can purchase one at any of the online or local adult toy shops.  (I was hoping to provide lots of links for you, but I figure you should just enter "big black 10-inch" into your own Google search window and see what happens.)  I'm looking for a man with an interesting character, a sense of humor, two legs to go hiking with me, two arms to give me hugs, assorted organs to keep his body functioning, and all the bits in between.

You may over-focus on flabby arms, or narrow shoulders, or thin ankles, or sturdy hips and think that's the only physical characteristic you have to offer to the world.  I assure you, it is not so.  I have smaller breasts.  They do not exist on their own.  I have hazel eyes.  They do not define me.  I have thick, strong thighs.  They do not limit me.  Realizing that I am a whole package, and I'm in the market for the whole package, enforces the idea that each of us is, in fact, greater than the sum of our parts..

No comments:

Post a Comment