Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Greek Yogurt, Part 2

A little over halfway through my 45-minute bike ride just now, I felt my legs start to turn to jelly. I just didn't have the energy to pedal at all. Plus, my stomach started growling; not loudly, but nonetheless fiercely. I managed to get home, but was completely ravenous as soon as I walked through the door. The split pea soup I'd started before I left was nowhere near done, so I reached into the fridge and pulled out another yogurt.

This one is Chobani Greek Yogurt. Like the one I consumed yesterday, it is also plain and nonfat. One 6 oz container has 100 calories, 7 g carbohydrates, 18 g protein, and 20% of the RDA for calcium. The ingredients are nonfat milk and 5 live active cultures.

The texture is rich and creamy smooth, as it says on the container, but this one definitely has a very strong plain yogurt taste. Maybe it was the tartness, or maybe it was the sugar depletion after exercising, but I had to have something sweet along with it. I can imagine stirring a tablespoon of fruit preserves in, but for this evening I went with a banana on the side.

Of the two I've tried so far, I like the Brown Cow better, because it's a little more mellow.



Dinosaurs love bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment