Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's all Greek to me

Since a friend introduced me to it last year, I've taken a shine to "Greek" yogurt. (I put it in quotation marks since all of the Greek yogurt I eat is produced in the U.S.) Lately my body has been telling me to get more protein, preferably some complete animal protein, so I'm going to see how it likes low-fat dairy choices. Yesterday, while at Whole Foods, I stood in front of their wall of yogurt for some minutes, finally deciding to try three different brands to see if any one in particular stood out from the rest of the herd.

Tonight's snack (after a rigorous tap dancing class) is Brown Cow All Natural Greek Yogurt. The plain, fat-free variety contains nothing but nonfat milk and 5 different cultures. The individual serving of 5.3 oz packs a mere 80 calories, 15 g protein, 6 g carbohydrates, and 20% of your RDA for calcium. It's incredibly smooth and creamy. The tang characteristic of plain yogurt is a little bit mellow, and it overall has an excellent flavor. Definitely picked a winner to begin the taste testing.


Bravo, Brown Cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment