Saturday, January 22, 2011

A good hike, a bad run

I discovered a notebook that I'd been using last year to keep track of my running and nutrition. In one of the entries, I mentioned how I wasn't feeling well during a run, so I did just 2 miles instead of my usual three, and I was okay with that, because I'd rather have an okay run of 2 miles than a sucky one of three.

This afternoon I ate a rather late lunch. A burrito, about as big as a baby. Then I tried to run about 90 minutes later. My body just wasn't having it. So I let myself walk, albeit briskly and uphill, and then ran on the easy parts. I still got a great workout. Even got some extra core-strengthening exercise in, what with the constant tripping over tree roots and flailing about around my center of mass, which was rapidly moving forward, in order not to hit the dirt.

I'm excited to hit the trail again tomorrow, this time just a hike with my boyfriend, and I know that my next run will go much better. Especially since I won't try to do it after eating a giant tortilla filled with beans, rice, and grilled veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment