Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Running

Tonight's run: 3 miles in 31:13. I'm going to have to pare down over a minute if I'm going to run the 5K in 30 mins. I've got...let's see...10 days until race time. Technically, my goal is just to finish, and to run the entire thing, but my inner goal is to run it in 30 minutes or less. At least I'm doing better than I'd feared: halfway through the 8th lap around the park, I figured my time for this evening would be more like 32-33 minutes. Considering I hadn't run in over a week, I figure I'm doing okay.

During my afternoon walk break around the block at work, there was a guy whistling and making uncouth noises across the street. Since I wasn't wearing my glasses, and couldn't deign to turn around in any case, I didn't get a look at him. Why do men (read: idiots) do that? I think to myself, if a guy approached at a respectful distance, no matter how crazy he looked, and sincerely said, "you're beautiful" and left it at that, I'd probably be smiling and sassy for the rest of the day. However, if any man, no matter how handsome, decides to come on to me by leering and cat-calling, he doesn't have a whelk's chance in a supernova of receiving anything but withering scorn in return.

Cooking lentils right now. My body has been very timidly yet insistently asking for more protein the past few days (if I'm reading the signs correctly), so I'm going to give it lentils. Plus tomato sauce for some vitamin C to help soak up the iron. Always remember that combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment